Thursday 1 January 2015

Blessings from above

Hello Everyone,

This post should have gone out a couple days back, but never got around to doing it... :) Couple days back meaning 30th Dec... Marking our 5th marriage anniversary...!!!

Of these five years, the last 2 years have been very different to what a married couple would expect. Needlessly to say, it has been a roller-coaster ride, but if we really look back closely - even through the rough times, our Lord Almighty has guided our paths and we've seen miracle after miracle... It has made us stronger and more resilient. And not just us, we have seen our family and friends grow in faith too, as they all lend us a helping hand.

My wife Ancy, has gone through so much. At a time when she should have been enjoying the initial years of marriage, she had to support me. If my OCD wasn't bad enough, she had to care for my needs too. My parents have had enough of me during my childhood days considering what a brat I was, and instead of relaxing now, they too had to care for me...!!! Everyone of my family members have lend a helping hand during these times, and its a true blessing. Here in London, so many of our friends have helped us in so many ways. And around UK and in different parts of the world, so many helped organise stem cell donor registration drives... So a BIG THANK YOU to you all...!!!

I'm glad to tell you that from the drives done, 5 individuals have already been identified as matches for others. It's such a wonderful thing, to know that the Lord used us to find donors who will act as life savers. So we shouldn't stop conducting these stem cell donor drives. We need to continue to raise awareness and get more and more people to register as donors.

My blood counts have been stable for the last 3 months now, and I haven't needed any transfusions, which is simply awesome. The counts are still climbing gradually, and need to get into normal levels, but we're praying this happens soon. We have set our targets, and thank God everyday for the counts he will give me... The last month, thanks to the climate change, I've been down with cough and cold - but by God's grace have been managing well. Seems like everyone in London is coughing... :)

As I start 2015 now, I believe that the Lord has special plans, and His plans are better than anything we can ever ask and think about. I submit myself to HIM, and thank him for all the many good days ahead... I thank HIM that he will use me as an instrument, so that His will be done.

God bless you all, have a wonderful 2015, filled with HIS choicest blessings...

No comments:

Post a Comment