Tuesday 3 December 2013

About the Blog title... B+


My friends and family have been pushing me to start blogging about my fight with cancer. To let my feelings known and to put information out there about what I'm going through, in the hope that it benefits others going through similar trials. And also to increase awareness about #StemCell donation... I am a very private person, so I really don't know how much personal feelings I'll share, but I'm hoping to do something good with the blog. Time will tell how it turns out...

Now, the aim of this post is to introduce the title. I'll go back in time and definitely share more details on the initial diagnosis and whats happened so far. But to introduce the title, I need to say that at the present point in time, the next course of action is a stem cell transplant... Popularly called a #BoneMarrow transplant.

When people hear about this, they feel pain and fear due to the various myths out there about Bone marrow donation. And another thing some ask is this:

"Whats your blood group? Can I help if we belong to the same blood group?"

I'll get into the details of Stem cell donation later. But for now, know that its got NOTHING to do with a persons blood group...

Anyways, a few days back a close friend (Liju Thomas) got asked the same question. Someone was asking him about me, and suggested the same - about helping if we had the same blood group. Liju knew that it is not related to the blood group, so explained it to that the person who asked. Later, Liju told me about this episode and while talking about blogging, he did ask about my blood group. And when I said B+, that's when he suggested this title.

For those who know Liju Thomas, he is great at marketing... And sells his ideas well. On most occasions, I don't succumb (lol), but this time, he was absolutely right. By the amazing grace of God, I have been positive throughout these turbulent times. My wife, our parents and all friends have been amazing support too, which further helped being #positive and in fighting #cancer.

I couldn't think of a better blog title. And finally after months of procrastination, I got the much needed push to start this blog. I couldn't get "B+" as the URL, and "BePositive" was already taken, hence I chose "cancer-bepositive". So the blog URL is:
http://www.cancer-bepositive.blogspot.co.uk/

So special thanks to +Liju Thomas for the idea of the blog title...

There are loads of people who have been by my side, and I'm indebted to them for life. As I write more, I hope to mention each and everything on of them. These are the webpages that my family and friends have created to help raise awareness:
www.facebook.com/HelpJeson
www.sahita.co.uk
www.twitter.com/HelpJeson


You can follow me on my personal links for Facebook, on Blogger and on Twitter too...


With love and prayers,
Jeson Chelleth
#Cancer Warrior

No comments:

Post a Comment